Pardon My French...Read. The. Damn. Contract!

#authenticallyambiance ,planning tip,#pardonmyfrench,#inspiration,#alwaysambiance,#ambianceadores,Pardon My French

Grab a drink, you may need it!
Ambiance + DG Photography
I'm finding myself a little perplexed when people try to throw tantrums because they "thought", "cant believe" or "feel" something is/isnt in their contract. I love you, I really do; but this is going to be hard for some of ya'll to hear. Grab something to sip on, you may need it. 

The wedding industry has been evolving for a cool hundred years now and I am going to need ya"ll to stop playing. The contract, is no longer a new concept.

Nowadays, the wedding planner isnt always the first phone call. Most couples come to me with at least one or two services already booked. Those who work with a coordinator, get the added benefit of extra eyes reading and pointing out important information. It's your signature on the line. With or without a planner, YOU must know what you are signing. 

~You MUST know, whether or not your photographer is for 6 hours or the whole day.

~You MUST know if you are financially responsible for un-booked rooms in your hotel block.

~Your MUST know whether or not there are deadlines on you changing your mind.

~You MUST know how many hours you are allowed for set up.

~You MUST know your florist will not order your flowers without an approval and final payment, two weeks prior.

I mean, really? These are not surprises folks. You have got to pay attention to what you are committing to AND what you are getting. You wouldn't dare walk into a car dealership, sign the paperwork and then say "wait a minute, they don't come with oil? Yet, you are spending the same type of money. For the life of me, I can not figure out why someone would be casual with one yet not the other?

Contracts are two sided, generally covering what the vendor will provide and also covering what and what the client is responsible for. Contracts exist for a reason! Deadlines for changes, payments, do, dont's, will, and wont's, are printed up to inform you ahead of time. 

I am a #daveramsey girl, my family and I live debt free (excluding the mortgage). Though I love to help throw a good party, when it comes to your investment in Forever After, I'm more of an advocate for spending well. Taking care of your coins, starts with knowing what you're committing to and what should be provided to you in return. No more 'damsel in distress' routine. 

Before you go, can we try something? Can we committ to taking the same time and energy you use to meet, compare, and choose your vendors and actually read the contract...before we sign?

Yes! Great! I'll just need your signature on the dotted line.

Readers Signature: _________________________________

Now there's nothing left to do but honor it. 



#pardonmyfrench #authenticallyambiance #weddingplanner #weddingcontracts #rant #weddings #engaged #bridetobe #groomtobe #isaidyes #ido #love #va #md #dc  

No comments: