Choosing Your Vendors

I call it, 12 minutes of Awesome! My brief catch up with fellow wedding warrior, and one of my favorite photographers, Dawn Gardner of DG Photography.

My phone rang and 12 minutes was all it took. Dawn and I had talked networking, upcoming projects, future goals/directions, family and wrapped up with let's do this again soon! 

Wedding vendors always seem busy. That is because we really ARE. 

When a photographer isn't shooting, there is editing photos and scheduling client reveals. When a planning isn't on site, there is research, phone calls, looking ahead, thinking ahead for each project on the case load. Did I fail to mention, the other bazillion tasks of running a business like paying bills, ordering supplies, advertising and social media? So many times, a few minutes is all you've got. Then it's back to the grind and on to the next. 

You see, this is how I choose your wedding vendors or the dream team of people I recommend to you first. I don't just close my eyes and point to a business card on a page of many. I don't just call around and offer a list of anyone available on your date. No, not at all. 

I met people, talk to them, work with them, get to know them. Not for BFF's but I LIKE their work. I believe in their mission. I like they way they treat people. I like their approach to the profession. I believe them to be authentic. 

I think it's one of the biggest benefits to working with a coordinator. I don't just pick anyone...I help choose someone who I think would not only deliver but work well with your personality too. People you want hanging around all wedding day long. Each part of your event is another layer, including the people you work with. Each layer (color scheme, invitations, menu, favors) adds a little more awesome, a little more authenticity to your day...the people should too. 

12 minutes and I have 5 new books to read, inspire and grow my business.
And I can't wait, as "You Are A Badass" just moved to the top of my new list simply because the title speaks to me, lol. 

Don't you want someone who adds value to your day...to your life? Someone who gets it (your vision)? Someone who gets you? Choosing a vendor is more than ability and availability. 

You know when you connect with someone; shop around until you do. Choose more wisely the companies you hire much like the company you keep. 

Looking for a great Planner, PICK ME! Looking for a great photographer? Check out my girl Dawn G! She's good people, #ambianceadores her, CLICK HERE


#wedding #specialevents #weddingplanner #weddingphotographer #photography #northernvirginia #networking #smallbusiness #authenticallyambiance #inspiration #weddingadvice





No comments: